Connecting with your doctors virtually has never been easier. Through Medici, your doctor can send you a unique link to their own private and secure virtual waiting room. With just a few clicks, you can connect to your doctor over video without ever having to leave your home or download an app.
Here is everything you need to know about connecting with your doctor on Medici through their personal meeting link:
- Do I need to have the Medici app in order to have a consultation with my doctor?
- No. All that is required from you is an internet connection and either your smartphone, tablet or laptop/desktop computer. Your doctor will send you a unique link to connect with them online in a secure, private virtual exam room.
- Can I use any web browser to meet with my doctor?
- Yes, however we recommend using either the Chrome or Safari browsers for optimal performance.
- Do I need to register or add my credit or debit card with Medici?
- No. Once you access your doctor's link you will be prompted for your name and email address so that your doctor knows who s/he will be meeting with.
- I am concerned about security and others potentially hacking into my visit with my doctor.
- We take both security and privacy as our top priorities. Unlike a Facetime or Zoom meeting, a Medici video consultation is built on a platform that is both HIPAA-compliant and SOC 2 Type II compliant (SOC 2 is an auditing procedure that ensures a business securely manages its data to protect the interests of both the organization and the privacy of its clients.) For more information see https://kirkpatrickprice.com/video/soc-2-type-i-vs-soc-2-type-ii/).
- What happens after I click my doctor's link?
- After clicking your doctor’s link you will be asked to enter your name and email address so that your doctor knows who s/he will be meeting with. Your doctor may be meeting with another patient when you check in, and if so you will be placed in a private waiting room until your doctor is ready to admit you. Once your doctor admits you your video consultation will begin.
- Can I disable my video and just talk with my doctor?
- Yes. If you'd prefer to turn off either your camera or audio at any time simply click on the video or audio button on your screen and a slash mark will indicate the off position.
- How will I get billed for the consultation?
- You should discuss with your provider either before or during your video visit how your provider intends to bill you. Medici will not ask you for payment for your video visit.
For additional questions, please reach out to either your doctor or contact Medici support: firstname.lastname@example.org .